Thursday, January 31, 2013

Two Bean Hummus

One more day till the weekend! 

Are you all gearing up to watch the big game this Sunday? I know I am! Like I said before, I love the Super Bowl. Really, I love anything that involves good food, good friends and good drinks! Yum! 

I wanted to share a great appetizer with you all before the big game, in case Husband's Pulled Pork Sandwiches weren't enough for on game day. 


Hummus is a staple appetizer in my family. My Sittee (pronounced Sit-Tey) was Lebanese, so we grew up eating a ton of Middle Eastern food...Kibbeh, Tabbouleh, Meat Pies and lots and lots of Hummus! (Don't worry I plan on sharing all these secret family recipes with you in the near future!) 


I LOOOOOVE Hummus and almost any variation of it. I took my Mom's (past down from Sittee's) traditional Hummus recipe but switched out one of the cups of Garbanzo Beans for Cannellini Beans, and it made the hummus so creamy and delicious. 




The great thing about this recipe is you can play around with it. Want to try black bean hummus, add black beans, spice it up with a jalapeno, make some yummy avocado hummus, by throwing in some avocado. The basics are all there, you just need to get creative with it! 

Or stick to the basic. It's so delicious and the perfect Super Bowl appetizer. 



Who are you rooting for come Sunday?

Two Bean Hummus

1/4 c Tahini
1/3 c Lemon Juice
1/3 - 1/2 c Warm Water
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 c Garbanzo Beans
1 c Cannellini Beans
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Combine all of your ingredients in a food processor or blender except the warm water. Blend well. Add warm water in small amounts till you reach the desired consistency of your hummus. 

Store in a air-tight concealer in the refrigerator. You can serve immediately, but I think the hummus is better after about 24 hours in the fridge so the flavors can meld together. 

Check out some of my other Super Bowl eats here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment