Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy MLK Day!

Happy Monday! 

I hope everyone had a fun long weekend, thanks to Martin Luther King Day! I know I did (and still am). 

My weekend started off a little like this:


Can anyone tell me what is better than wine, fruit and cheese? It's pretty much my favorite thing ever, and when paired with an AMAZING book (you guys go read Gone Girl...I'm half way through and CANNOT put it down!) it's pretty much heaven on earth.

Then, my absolutely AWESOME husband brought me these:

Isn't he sweet?

Afterwards, we went on a super long walk (like more than 2 hours) around Portland. We're new to Portland and are loving every single minute of it, so just getting to walk around and explore new parts of the city always makes me so happy. Here are a few photos from our walk:


It was a perfect Sunday afternoon ... I don't know what people are talking about when they say it only rains in Portland, because the sun was sure shining yesterday :)



I am loving being down on the waterfront :)

Finally, we ended our day by going to a pretty darn good steakhouse for dinner, Ringside. They have such a great happy hour! Which is totally what we intended on doing for dinner, but then I saw the menu and had to order a steak...YUM!!! (I was too busy eating to take a picture, guess you'll have to go and check it out yourself, SORRY!)

And to end the evening, we stopped by Pope House Bourbon Lounge. Guys, I've decided I'm becoming a bourbon girl. After two, YES TWO,  DELICIOUS Mint Juleps I'm hooked. Which is probably a good thing since husband decided to sign up for the Bourbon Derby at Pope House, so looks like we'll be stopping by this watering hole more often than not :)


I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment