Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cannellini Caprese Salad

This is definitely my favorite lunch of the New Year! I absolutely love Caprese salad, the mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and basil and drizzled with balsamic and a little bit of olive oil...DROOL! But I always make it as more of an appetizer instead of a meal. Well folks, that's about to change! 


I made my typical caprese salad using baby buffalo mozzarella, grape tomatoes and fresh basil, but then to add a little bit of protein, make the salad a bit healthier (i.e. able to take to work as lunch and not be hungry an hour later) I added in Cannellini beans, and man was it good! It's the perfect salad to make the night before, so that the balsamic and olive oil can really sink in and get absorbed by the cheese and tomatoes. 


It was, hands down, the best lunch I've ever made for work and you better believe it's going to be one that I make again. 





Best part............so incredidbly easy. The hard part is waiting till lunch the next day to get to EAT it! 


Cannellini Caprese Salad
**note, I made this just for me for lunch, so if you're planning on serving it to more than one, you'll definitely need to up the ingredients :)

1/2 cup Cannellini Beans
1/2 cup diced grape tomatoes
1/3 cup diced buffalo mozzarella
1 tblsp chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
drizzle of balsamic vinegar
drizzle of olive oil 

Here's the tough part....combine ingredients and stir!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment