Friday, January 18, 2013

Pantry Meals: Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Brown Rice

I told you I make my so-called "pantry meals" a lot! This one was a really good surprise! I had some leftover onion, a red pepper, half of an orange pepper, chicken and rice and I sautéed it all together to make a quick and easy chicken veggie stir fry!


We used vegetable oil, a little sesame oil, Chinese ginger, garlic and soy sauce to spice it up as well as some yummy spicy peppers my mother-in-law left for us in the freezer (I don't know what kind they are, but they're SOOOO SPICY and SOOOOO GOOD and I've been putting them in everything!) Every single ingredient was something we had on hand from recipes I've made in the past....which was AWESOME!



I think even the hubby is surprised at my ability to make a pretty decent meal out of almost nothing! And if I can do it, you can do it too. 



What are some throw together meal ideas you’ve come up with?

Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Brown Rice
1 c brown rice
2 cups water or chicken broth (or a combination of both)
1 red bell pepper
1/2 orange bell pepper
1/2 white onion
1 lb green beans
1-2 chicken breasts (cut into strips)
1 tblsp vegetable oil
1 tblsp sesame oil
1 tblsp rice vinegar
3-4 cloves garlic
2 spicy peppers
1/3 c Soy Sauce

Bring 2 cups water/chicken broth and 1 cup rice to a boil. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes. 

Meanwhile heat oil in large pan and begin to saute chicken. Add the rice vinegar, garlic and spicy peppers. Season lightly with salt and pepper. As the chicken begins to cook, add the soy sauce, peppers, green beans and onions and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through and your veggies are saute'd. The rice and stir fried veggies and chicken should both be done about the same time.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to create this for my visitors and they absolutely liked it, because they love the ingredients of this recipe. I wish you could share more delicious recipe like this so that I can always have a dish to my visitors. Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete