Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Husband's Pulled Pork Sliders

Happy Tuesday! Tuesday's are always better than Mondays. Don't you think? I sure do.

Who are you rooting for in the Superbowl this coming Sunday?!? I love the SuperBowl! I'm pretty sure it's an un-declared American holiday, and I'm all about holidays! The food, the drinks, the excitement that comes from watching, well, pretty much any sporting event. It's all good in my book! 



While I  am pretty bummed my Seahawk's aren't playing, I still love watching the Superbowl, and this Sunday will be no different. I'll be cheering on the 49ers this year (West Coast Lovin'). 





Last year I made Superbowl Brownies that were a pretty big hit with the boys, but I think this year will be even better with my husband's famous Pulled Pork Sliders. I can't take credit for this at all, and I'm sad I can't because they are SOOOO GOOD! 


They are perfect for large groups and so easy to make (hint: it involves a crockpot!). They also make your house smell AMAZING!! 



What are some of your favorite SuperBowl Eats? 


Husband's Pulled Pork Sliders

1 Pork Butt 
1 onion, chopped
1 beer (we like the flavor of darker beers, like a porter or a stout)
Salt and Pepper
1 Bottle of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce (honey BBQ or a Brown Sugar Hickory BBQ is recommended)
Slider Buns
Crockpot 

Season your pork butt with salt and pepper. Layer the onions in the bottom of your slow cooker and place the seasoned pork butt on top. Pour in the entire beer. If the liquid seems a little low, you can add 1/2 to 1 cup water. You want the liquid to come about half way up the pork butt. Turn your slow cooker on to low and leave for 6-7 hours. 

About an hour before you're ready to serve. Remove the onions and pork butt from your slow cooker and set aside. Drain the remaining liquid from the crockpot. Shred the pork using a two forks and put the meat and onions back into the slow cooker. Pour about half your bottle of BBQ sauce into the slow cooker and mix well. Let cook for 45 min to an hour longer. 

When you're ready to serve, if the meat looks like it could use a little more sauce, add more. Otherwise, top your buns with BBQ sauce and Pulled Pork and ENJOY!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment