Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Power Breakfast Smoothies

You guys the green monster, KALE, is back! And it's all husband's fault! 

Both husband and I are really working on getting healthy. 

WHAT?!?! 

You wouldn't think so by some of my posts lately, but it's true. And if you look closely, we are incorporating healthier, more filling, good-for-you foods into our every day lives. Sweet potatoes and whole wheat flour in that AMAZING Foccacia Bread. Muffins full of fruit and whole wheat flour. Grilled Chicken Burgers. See...healthy! It just goes to show, that being healthy doesn't mean you have to eat boring foods at all. If anything, I think it really has enhanced my relationship with food and forced me to venture out in new and exciting ways. I LOVE that.







I had my first encounter with Kale when I experimented with these and I sort of fell in love. And...I'm rekindling the romance today. Husband decided that we are going to start our days off with smoothies filled with fruits and veggies and lots of protein in the form of chia seeds! Sometimes, husband is so smart! 



These smoothies are AWESOME! They're made with pineapple, strawberries, KALE, light vanilla soy milk and chia seeds and they are the PERFECT way to start your day. They're super quick and easy (thanks to my handy dandy Magic Bullet!) and perfect to take with you on the go. 


I'm hoping that they'll cure this bug I've caught too. What do you think ;)




I'm thinking next time to go really crazy and use beets too! What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes? 


Power Breakfast Smoothies

1 c Kale
1/2 c pineapple
1/2 c strawberries
1 c of vanilla soy milk 
1 tbsp chia seeds

Blend. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment