Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Resolutions...Schmezolutions: Pesto Chicken Lasagna

Resolutions....Schmezolutions. This Pesto Chicken Lasagna is soooo not healthy. Sooooo not good for you. But you know what? It's so good, I don't even care. I loved every. single. bite of cheesy deliciousness. And you will too! 




I mean we're three weeks in to January, we deserve a reward for all those carrots sticks we've been eating, right? It's not like you have to eat like this every day of the week (even though I wish I could!) 




So if you love pesto (I do!), cheese (sold!), chicken (seems to be my protein of choice lately), and pasta (carbs, duh!) then do yourself a favor and make this. Then come back and tell me how much you loved it, so I don't have to feel bad for eating it all by myself! 







Pesto Chicken Lasagna

1 1/2 c diced chicken (I used a store-bough rotisserie chicken)
16 oz Ricotta
1 1/2 Mozzarella, shredded
Pesto Cream Sauce (recipe below)
1/2 c parmesan
1/2 box No boil Lasagna noodles
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
1 tblsp butter
1 tblsp olive oil
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute mushrooms and onions in the olive oil and butter till the onions are slightly browned (about 15 minutes). Set aside.

Mix together in a separate bowl the egg and ricotta cheese.

In a 9x9 pan, spread pesto sauce on the bottom of the pan. Begin to Layer your lasagna noodles, ricotta mixture, chicken, mushroom and onion mixture and more pesto sauce. I did 3 sets of layers. On your last layer, put sauce, mozzarella and parmesan sprinkled on top.

Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the cheese has browned on top.

Pesto Sauce

1 8 oz Jar pesto
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup nonfat milk
1/2 c parmesan
1 tblsp flour

Combine ingredients in a soup pan and whisk together until the sauce thickens (about 5-10 minutes).

2 comments:

  1. Please come cook for me. Please????
    I'll buy wine and have a pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! We must plan a trip, maybe this summer, we can come down for a long weekend! :)

      Delete