Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples

Cheers to 2013! I hope everyone had a very Happy New Year surrounded by those you love. I know I sure did :)

I'm sure many of you have the age-old resolution to lose weight, exercise more, be generally healthier, right? Yup, me too! Along with a few other resolutions I won't bore you with. So I figured in the spirit of things, I'd start my first post of the New Year off with both a totally delicious AND healthy roast chicken dinner dish. And the best part about this is...it's good! Really really really good! It doesn't taste or feel like diet food, which is definitely the worst part about dieting (cardboard brownies anyone? I didn't think so).



The second best thing about this dish...it's a one pan kind of deal, so it's easy to clean up, which in my book is a double win!









So go make this now and don't feel bad about it one bit!

Cheers to a health, happy 2013!


Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples

1 Large Sweet Potato, diced
2 Fuji apples, diced
2 Tblsp chopped sage
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced


Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl combine sweet potatoes, apples, sage and olive oil and stir. Lay on the bottom of a roasting pan. Salt and Pepper your chicken breasts and lie on top of the sweet potatoes and apples. Distribute pats of butter atop the chicken and apple/sweet potato mixture. 

Put pan in oven and roast for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. 

Remove from oven, place the chicken on a plate and put the pan on top of your stove. Reduce the liquid in half to create sauce and spoon the sweet potatoes and apples over your chicken to serve. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment