Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Recap & Spinach and Artichoke Dip


So I thought this week, I'd do a little recap of my Super Bowl eats. I've already shared with you Husband's Pulled Pork Sliders and my Mom's Hummus, but what I didn't tell you was that there was also Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip (I think I ate my weight in this - not even kidding) and homemade Jalapeno Poppers that were so spicy  they turned my girlfriend red from head to toe! And then I experimented with Bloody Maria's (Bloody Mary's made with Tequila instead of Vodka) and I think I fell in love. 




It's too late to make any of these for this year's Super Bowl, but you know what, it's never to late to throw a party and any excuse to do so (even this Spinach and Artichoke Dip) is a good excuse ;) 



First up is this cheesy deliciousness, you'll have to tune in tomorrow for those Jalapeno Poppers :) 









Oh and in case you want to check out the spread ahead of time...here's a few photos from Sunday!




Spinach Artichoke Dip
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

1 Can Artichokes
1 Bag Baby Spinach
4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
3-4 cloves Garlic
3 tbsp flour
1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
Salt and Pepper
1 c Feta
1 c Grated Parmesan
1 c Cheddar
1 c Pepper Jack (+ more to sprinkle on top!)
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper 

Heat 1 tbsp butter and olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add garlic and saute. Add the entire bag of spinach and cook until it wilts. Pull out the spinach and set aside. 

Add in artichokes and saute until all the moisture evaporates and the artichokes start to brown. Remove and set aside. 

In a cast iron pot melt 3 tbsp butter over medium high heat and pour in the flour whisking quickly so it doesn't burn. Add in the heavy whipping cream and stir. 

Add in feta and whisk till it melts. Add the remaining cheeses, one at a time, as they melt. Sprinkle in cayenne pepper. 

Dice both the spinach and the artichoke hearts and pour into the cheese mixture. Pour out into a pan and sprinkle Pepper Jack Cheese on top. 

Heat in a 375 degree oven until the cheese melts on top and serve immediately. 



No comments:

Post a Comment