Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl Recap Part II & Jalapeno Poppers


If you're just tuning in, I'm doing a little recap of my Super Bowl eats this week. You can see other Super Bowl recipes here, here, and here. 





First off, I have to tell you, these are NOT for the faint of heart. I have NEVER eaten anything so incredibly spicy in my entire life. And, I LOVE SPICY! They made my friend turn red from head to toe and I was a little concerned there for a minute. 







One thing I found out after the fact, was that you have to take out the seeds AND De-vein them. WOOPS! I only took out the seeds. My bad. I also, secretly, think I got an extra spicy batch of jalapenos at the store. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 







Other than the fact that these were incredibly spicy, they were also pretty ding dang good. I mean, they are stuffed with cheese and then rolled in bread crumbs. Cheese + Bread = Delicious. At least in my book :) 







So add these to your appetizer menu and go throw a party...just because! 


Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Adapted from SkinnyTaste

12 Jalapeno Peppers, Cut in Half
8 oz Cream Cheese
10 Scallions, diced
1 c Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 C Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 Egg

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Slice the jalapenos in half and remember to remove seeds AND De-vein them (unless you like things really really REALLY hot, then leave those bad boys in). 

Combine cream cheese, scallions and cheddar in a bowl. Stuff the peppers full of mixture. 

Combine bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. 

Beat the egg in a separate bowl. 

Dip Stuffed Jalapenos in the egg mixture and then cover in bread crumbs. Lie on nonstick pan. 

Bake in the oven 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread crumbs are slightly browned. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment