Monday, February 18, 2013

Lebanese Tabbouleh

Are you as over chocolate as I am? 

After Valentine's Day, or any holiday really, I feel like I need a MAJOR detox. Especially since I usually eat my body weight in sweets. What? You don't? 


Maybe it's just me ;) 

Well I have the perfect detox for you! 



I mentioned before that my Sittee was Lebanese. Well, I'm bringing you another Lebanese recipe today! Homemade Tabbouleh. It's so easy to make and tastes so good and it's good for you. Sounds line a win, win...win situation to me! 




The best part about this salad is that you can make a ton of it and it will last you all week. Take it for lunch, pair it with your favorite protein for dinner, or put it inside of a pita with a little of this hummus and maybe a little feta, and you've got an amazing veggie sandwich. 




And for those of you who didn't eat enough chocolate this past week...don't worry I've got another sweet treat up my sleeve to share with you later this week!




Lebanese Tabbouleh

1 large bunch of Parsley (or two small bunches)
1/2 white onion, diced
2 c grape tomatoes
Juice of 3 lemons, freshly squeezed
5 tbsp olive oil
1 cup Bulgur
1 cup water, boiled
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Add one cup of boiled water and one cup of bulgur in a small bowl and mix. Place a tea towel over the bowl so the steam is unable to escape. Set aside until cool.

Finely chop the parsley, onions and tomatoes and place them into a separate large bowl.

Juice all the fresh lemons and pour it over the salad mixture. Add olive oil, black pepper and salt in the salad mixture. Mix well.

Place over the cooled bulgur and mix well.

Serve and Enjoy!

This keeps well in the refrigerator for about a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment