Thursday, February 7, 2013

Homemade Bloody Maria's

I am so ready for the weekend! Are you? 

Only one more day left (after today that is!) and I have a little Bloody Maria mix for you to start your weekend brunch plans off right. I made this mix for the Super Bowl and it was really really (seriously really) good.




I'm a tequila girl. I like vodka, don't get me wrong, but I REALLY like Tequila. And, if you can handle your tequila, it's fun! So I wanted to try out a Bloody Maria instead of your good ol' fashioned Bloody Mary this past weekend and that's just what I did. 




Most of you probably know this, but a Bloody Maria is simply a Bloody Mary made with Tequila instead of Vodka. If you like Tequila, I highly suggest you make the switch and use this mix to do it! 





Tune in next week...I've got some yummy Valentine's inspired recipes coming up! 


Bloody Maria Mix

64 oz Tomato Juice (V8 Works great too!)
1 tsp celery seed
2 limes, juiced
2 lemons, juiced
3 tbsp dijon mustard
3 tbsp worchestershire sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce
2 tbsp horseradish
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine ingredients in a large pitcher and stir well. 

In a pint glass, put ice, 1.5 oz tequila and fill the glass up with Bloody Maria mix. 

Enjoy your weekend brunch cocktail! 

No comments:

Post a Comment