Sunday, February 3, 2013

Caprese Sandwich

Is everyone recovering from the Super Bowl ok? I definitely had to put the fat pants on after yesterday's game! I have to say, I'm pretty upset with the 49ers losing.

But you know what makes it better? Sharing my absolute FAVORITE sandwich in the whole wide world with you. I'm not kidding. I could eat this Caprese Sandwich every single day of my life and be happy. 




I first fell in love with this, when stopping by a PDX local grocery store, Zupan's Market. Which is AMAZING in itself. If any of you are not from Portland, and get the chance to come visit, be prepared for food NIRVANA. No jokes. I'm in love with everything. The restaurants. The Food Carts. Even the Grocery Stores. Who does that? Who falls in love with a grocery store? I do! 

Sorry. Another tangent. I tend to have a little ADD sometimes. Ask husband it's true. But back to the sandwiches. I found this at Zupan's and fell in love. I would buy one there everyday if it didn't make my wallet so unhappy. So I had to make it on my own, and I'm so glad I did, because now I really can have it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. 




The best part is, like most sandwiches, it's so easy to make. No fussiness. No lengthy cook time or prep time for that matter. Simple slice up fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, and layer both on top of some delicious crusty baguette, along with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic and you're good to go! 




I dare you not to want to eat this everyday. 


Oh, and if you heat it up, so the cheese get's nice and melty. You'll die just a little. I sure did. 

Caprese Sandwich

2-3 oz Fresh Mozzarella
4-5 Basil Leaves
3 Slices of Tomato
Crusty Baguette 
tsp Balsamic
Salt and Pepper to taste

If you want to heat the sandwich up, turn the oven onto broil. Drizzle Balsamic on the baguette and layer your sandwich cheese, basil and tomatoes. Season with Salt and Pepper. Put the sandwich in the oven, open faced for just about 2 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. 

Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment