Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Birth of Venus

Is April's Book of the Month! 

The Birth of Venus is by Sarah Dunant which means this is a whole new author for me. 

It's set back in time, during the Renaissance in Florence, and is about a young girl who is swept up by a young artist who comes to work for her father, a rich merchant. Her Parents have other plans for her, though and have arranged for her to be married off to a much older man. The story follows her as she searches for her place in world that is quickly changing around her. 



History, Love, Art, Drama...I'm so excited!

I have this on loan from my friend, Amy and I'm pretty excited to read it. 

She has done nothing but rave about this book, and I think she told me she's read it about 10 times, which must say something about it, right?

I'm also hoping this book redeems March's Book of the Month. 

For those of you who remember, I read Aleph, by Paulo Coelho...who is one of my all time favorite authors, but I have to say, I wasn't a big fan of this book. 

Normally I can't put his books down, and this last one I really struggled to finish. 

What are you reading?


No comments:

Post a Comment