Monday, April 8, 2013

Oatmeal Muffins

I realize I haven't been posting very many food related posts lately. And technically, I guess that means I might fail as a food blogger. But you know what....

It's my blog so I do what I want! ;0p

And I kind of like the non-food related posts just as much as the food-related ones, so for now, you get a little bit of both. 

I might just have to change my domain name in the future if that keeps happening...but I'll cross that bridge, if and when it comes.

That being said...here's a post with an actual, real live recipe in it!

I don't know about you guys, but I am soooo not a morning person. 

I'm a huge fan of my snooze button. 

Ask Husband...he hates it. ;)



So, it goes without saying that I am constantly searching for breakfast ideas that I can make ahead on Sunday and will last me all week...




You know, those grab and go breakfasts that you can take with you as you're running out the door, 5 minutes late already, and still trying to finish your makeup as you approach the first stop light. 

What that doesn't happen to you? 




Well...even if that's not you, and you love mornings and you've already been to the gym, made yourself some eggs, and read the newspaper with a cup of coffee while you leisurely apply your makeup and do your hair, you should make these anyways. 

Because they are so yummy (and not to sweet!)...and because they'll go great with that first cup of coffee ;) 

Enjoy!


Oatmeal Muffins
Adapted From Quaker Oats 

STREUSEL
1/3 c Oats 
1/4 c flour
1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
2 tblsp butter, chilled and cut into pieces


MUFFINS
1-1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c Oats 
1/3 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 tblsp baking powder
1 c soy milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla


Heat oven to 400°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.

For streusel, in small bowl, combine oats, flour and sugar; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or a fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.

For muffins, in large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. 

Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved streusel, patting gently.

Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment