Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekend Recap # 5 + a Mimosa Bar

I am moving slow this monday morning. And i can't even blame it on drinking too much at a super bowl party! Unfortunately I think a busy past couple of weeks is catching up to me and I'm coming down with a little something something. I'm loading up on the emergen-c's in an attempt to ward off any of the sickie ickies.

Moving on though...here's our weekend recap!




We had a pretty busy weekend (again) and it started off with getting the oil changed in our car followed by a trip out to the mall. It's my little sister's birthday tomorrow, so I wanted to pick her up a gift before we have her birthday dinner at my parent's house this evening. While we were at the mall, we also managed to pick a few things up we've been needing/wanting and our little dude got his very own big kid chair to kick back in and watch some 'toons (cartoons that is). HomeGoods had the most adorable chair and foot stool on sale for $79.99 ( a steal compared to the Pottery Barn ones that go for about $140) and we snatched it up! He was loving it!


After we got back from the mall, we walked to our neighborhood park and then finished off our day with a trip to our favorite local brewery, Perry Street Brewing.


Sunday was Super Bowl and we made up a bunch of food and went over to my parents to watch the game with our family. We had a Nacho Bar, Hot Wings, Super Bowl Puppy Chow, White Trash (a not so politically correct but very delicious dip), chocolate covered pretzels and a Mimosa Bar I threw together! Everything was delicious and we all ate too much food! And the best part, the Broncos beat the Panthers! I'm not a huge fan of either team, but I didn't want the Panthers winning after they beat the Seahawks in the playoffs.




Other weekend highlights included little man being mesmerized by Grease: Live!,  the usual laundry (with a super helper), cleaning and some epic games of hiding and peek-a-boo!

Cheers to a new week!

Mimosa Bar

Orange Juice
Pomegranate Juice
Peach Mango Juice
Champagne of Choice (we used Brut)
3 Juice Carafes
Mixed Berries (for garnish)

Fill a champagne glass about a 1/3 of the way full with fruit juice of your choice. Top with champagne and garnish with a few berries.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment