Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Homemade Doggy Biscuits

Hey there! 

You know who just does not get enough love in our house? 

Porter. 

Who's Porter? 

Let me introduce you to our furry son....and my sou chef (or at least he thinks he is...I swear I can't keep this guy out of the kitchen for the life of me!)


He must know where all the good stuff happens ;) 

Anyways, I digress.





This guy has the life. He sleeps all day, is fed two square meals a day, gets to go for long walks in the park, and his rents (that'd be me and husband) make him homemade doggy biscuits. 

What's he gotta do in return?



Well...a few tricks here and there, and lots of sloppy doggy kisses is really all we ask in return (although I let husband get most of those sloppy doggy kisses, I think I like human kisses better ;))

So if you have a furry friend in your life...go make him some of these!


Doggy Biscuits
2 eggs
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp honey
1 c vegetable stock stock
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 1/4  c all purpose flour (plus more for rolling out your dough)
1/2 c cornmeal
1 cup peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, the oil and honey. Add in the vegetable stock.

In a large bowl mix together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and cornmeal. Slowly pour in the vegetable stock mixture and then stir in the peanut butter.

This dough is fairly sticky so make sure you have lots of extra flour on hand for when you roll it out. Roll the dough out onto a counter top to about 1/2 thick. Cut into shapes or use a cookie cutter.
Place on baking sheets sprayed with cooking oil.

Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. 

Let your favorite furry friend enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment