Monday, March 9, 2015

Let The Tracking Begin...

i think of today as day one. even though I shared what I ate with you all yesterday, I don't really count it. only because with little resources, and an empty fridge, I was relegated to cupcakes for breakfast ;0)

now don't get me wrong, it's not like you're never going to see me eat a cupcake again. let's be honest, you'll probably see me eat lots of cupcakes over the course of time, but I'm blogging about what I'm eating in an attempt to be HEALTHIER, and I stocked my fridge and pantry full of healthy goodies to do just that. so now that I'm armed and ready to go, today is my official day one ;0)


for the next few weeks, I'm working Mondays and Tuesdays until my replacement starts. when I left to stay at home and get little man healthier, I felt really, truly awful about it, and offered to stay on a couple of days a week until my replacement started, if they wanted me to. I never took my new job with the intention of leaving so soon (or even at all!) so it was a hard decision, but little man comes first, so it was the best decision for him and for our family.


any-who, I got a little sidetracked, but I just mention that I'm working today, because I started my day off with a homemade ice coffee (iced coffee, 1 tbsp. dark chocolate sauce, about 1/4 cup coconut milk - I really like the SO Delicious unsweetened vanilla coconut milk) to go and once I got to work, had breakfast. today's breakfast consisted of a 100 calorie Yoplait mango greek yogurt and about 1/3 cup great grain breakfast granola. it was delish! I also have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the Yoplait greek yogurts. I have a pretty strong aversion to any custard/creamy type textured foods. I hate cottage cheese, normally yogurt, crème brulee, cannoli's, cream filled donuts....you get the idea. so for me to find a yogurt that I can eat, and not only eat, but really really enjoy, it's a pretty big deal. the Yoplait greek yogurt isn't too sweet and when topped with the crunchy granola, it might be one of my new favorite breakfasts! Yoplait 100 calorie greek yogurt, you win!


around 10:30 I got snacky. I told you guys that my biggest hurdles were mindless eating and snacks, so I've tried to arm myself with lots of low calorie, healthy snacks to curb the snack monster. I also know it's much better to eat 5-6 small meals when you're trying to diet/lose weight than three larger meals, so my first snack of the day consisted of one of my pre-packaged 70 calorie Boom Chick-A-Pop Kettle Corn Popcorn and some Organics Green Tea.

(Sidenote: I drink mostly h20 during the day and actually enjoy/like the taste of it. I haven't had soda or juice really in a long time (unless it comes in a yummy cocktail) because I don't like the way the sugar makes my teeth feel, so unless I specifically note something I'm drinking, you can assume I'm consuming h20 for the most part ;0p)


about 12:30 I headed home for lunch. one nice thing about working downtown in a smaller city, is it takes 10 minutes or less to get just about anywhere. for lunch I made a big yummy salad full of lots of the goodies I prepped yesterday. my salad consisted of lettuce, bell peppers, red onions, broccoli, avocado, poached chicken, slivered almonds, feta and lighthouse blue cheese vinaigrette. I'm a sucker for blue cheese dressing but I know it's loaded with calories and fat, so I started using the vinaigrette instead and at 80 calories for 2 tbsp, I think it's a pretty good compromise.


the snack monster hit once again about 3:30 and I snacked on trader joes multigrain crackers (yes I actually counted out 14 crackers which is one serving) and paired it with a 35 calorie laughing cow white cheddar cheese wedge. it hit the spot and my total snack came in at under 200 calories :)


once i got home,  i was so excited that it was 64 degrees out and thanks to daylight savings it's actually light out after work, so i packed up little man and my niece, ocean, and we set out on a 40 minute walk. one of my biggest struggles in losing weight has been getting a chance to work out. with husband working in upstate New York, and it costing $6 for babysitting at my gym, it makes it hard to go. so getting outside and going on long walks always feels good.


as soon as we got back from the walk, i had a few pieces of broccoli (not pictured) while i made little man his dinner and got him bathed and ready for bed. and after he went down, i got to cooking my blue apron dinner! you guys i love blue apron. so much so, that i'm going to dedicate a post to it later this week, but my italian wedding soup with chicken meatballs was delish!

I counted all of my calories up in the MyFitnessPal App and the total came in at: 1,510 (this is after i burned 200 calories on our walk).

my overall goal for each day is around 1500 calories. that should allow me to lose about 2 lbs a week in a healthy way. I've crash dieted a number of times, and while some have worked (atkins in particular) I've always gained the weight back plus some. I'm trying to do it the healthy way this time around and change my overall eating habits instead of crashing and burning again and again and again.

wowza...this was a long post! I'm sure as I get into this, my posts will get shorter and shorter, but for now, happy novel reading! ;op

Questions for you!

two things i struggled with today....my sweet tooth! i give into it all. the. time. and because this little blog is holding me accountable, i didn't, but i really really really wanted to. any tips for curbing a major sweet tooth when trying to lose weight??

the second thing was wine. when i couldn't have something sweet, the next thing i wanted was a glass of wine, but i know alcohol makes it really difficult to lose weight, so i want to save my little wine indulgence for the weekend. i'm thinking of buying some sparkling water and limes so i can have a nightly calorie free "cocktail." anybody have any other ideas?

i'd love to hear from you about your weight loss secrets, tips and tricks! leave me a message in the comments or email me at savoryandsweeteats@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment