Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

Nothing brings you back to reality like the Monday after Mother's Day...am I right?

This past Sunday my boys treated me to sleeping in, coffee in bed, a new pair of birkenstocks (!!!) and an evening picnic in the park. It was the sweetest!

Mother's Day kicked off Friday when Lincoln brought home the sweetest little hand cutout and bracelet that he made at school for me. Those little school crafts the kids make for Mother's Day and Father's Day and really any holiday are just the sweetest! And of course, because he can't keep a surprise, he walked in the door from school and promptly told me he had a present for me and that I had to open it right away!



Fast forward to Sunday where I got to sleep in till 8!!! It doesn't sound late, but when your normal wake up call is around 5:45 am (when do they start to sleep in?!?!) 8 am seems like 11! All three of my boys snuck off to get me a coffee from a local coffee shop and brought it to me in bed. Once we were up, showered and had attended mass, we headed downtown so I could pick out my new birkenstocks (I have been wanting a pair for a year now!). Nordstrom's didn't have the color/style I wanted, so we went back home and I ordered them directly from the birkenstock store online. Hopefully they'll arrive this week!




It was a busy morning, and kiddos were getting fussy, so Lincoln and I laid down for a nap (more sleep!) while Kevin took Finn and Porter for a walk. After a long afternoon nap, we were ready for our picnic in the park! Kevin picked out all my favorites: Rose, Caprese, Apples and Sharp Cheddar and we enjoyed a fun little evening in the park before bringing the kiddos back home for bed time.



It was a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment