Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Baby Finn || Two Months

Finn is two months old! The newborn days always feel so long, but then you blink and an entire month has gone by. So let's get to it...


As we suspected, Finn ended up with reflux as well. I'm not sure if it's because we caught it much earlier (around 5 weeks) but it seems to be much more mild than what Lincoln had. We're able to control it with just Zantac and we haven't had to increase the dosage. We've actually gone a few days where we drop him down to 2 ml instead of 3 and he seems to be handling it just fine. He's continuing to eat about 4 oz every 3 hours or so. I'm trying to get him on a schedule, but he has a mind of his own, and does not seem to want to do so as easily as Lincoln did. 



He definitely has each and everyone of us wrapped around his little finger. Lincoln is doing so well with him and is such a great big brother. He loves to play with him (as much as he can at this stage) and we're constantly hearing, " I love you baby Finn!" 

While Lincoln is definitely smitten with Finn, there's also a bit of jealousy, which is to be suspected. He occasionally wants to act like a baby and is telling us rather regularly, "there are two babies, I'm a baby and Finn's a baby." 



Monday, Wednesday and Friday it's just Finn and I, while both Kevin and Lincoln are in school. On those days, I feel like I've got this and our days are pretty straight forward and simple. We wake up (earlier than I'd like, ha!) and while I drink my coffee and feed Finn, we catch up on the news, via the Today Show. Finn usually take a decent morning nap, and once his first nap is done, we spend some time playing, doing tummy time and I do a quick cleaning blitz around the house. By then, he's usually ready for another bottle and nap. 

In the afternoons, weather permitting, we pull out the stroller and take a walk for an hour or so to get out of the house. It lets me get a little exercise in and Finn gets to look around for a bit before inevitably falling back to sleep again. 


Tuesdays and Thursdays are a whole different story. Those days I have both boys by myself and to say my patience is tested is an under statement! Lincoln is such an easy toddler, but he is definitely used to getting a lot of attention and one on one time and it's hard for him to understand that I have to make sure Finn is fed and napped, etc. To make things more difficult, Finn, like Lincoln at this age, is not a great sleeper and only really naps well if I'm holding him or wearing him. This makes one on one time with Lincoln really limited. 

All that being said, our days just the three of us have their own rhythm as well. On Tuesdays, Lincoln has Speech in the morning, so after breakfast and a show and some playtime. I pile both boys into the car and we head up to speech. By the time we get back it's usually lunch time, which is followed up by a nap for Lincoln. The afternoons vary a bit, but are usually a combination of park time, play time or movie time (I use TV a lot these days #noshameinmygame) or the occasional playdate with some friends of ours. Thursdays are very similar, but speech is in the afternoon so we usually hit the park in the morning before lunch and nap time and then heading out to speech in the afternoon.  




I had always thought that Lincoln wasn't a great sleeper, but Finn is making him look good! Either that, or I've really blocked those first few months with Lincoln out. I thought by this point, Lincoln had fallen into a fairly predictable eating/sleeping schedule, but Finn doesn't seem to want to do so. We've had days where he's refused to nap more than 30 minutes and days where he sleeps all day. We've had days where he drinks consistently every 3ish hours and days where he can barely make it 2 hours between feedings. I know all of that is very typical of a baby, and especially a newborn, but it feels like it's lasted longer than with Lincoln. Perhaps, I'm just more impatient this time around because I know my time with Finn at home is much more limited and I'm feeling pressure to get him on some kind of "schedule" sooner as opposed to later. I know I really shouldn't stress too much as all babies are different and he'll show us what he needs in time, but for my Type A personality, it's been a little frustrating. 


Overall, it has been another great month getting to know baby Finn! He is such a happy baby and is gracing us with one amazing smile over another. When he does so, he smiles with his whole face and I just love it so much! I know another month will only bring us more insight into his growing personality and we can't wait to continue to learn all there is to know about our little huckleberry Finn! 

And below are the usual monthly stats...

Height: 23 inches
Weight: 13.2 lbs
Hates: Being hungry... my tiny boyfriend likes to eat! 
Loves: Sleeping on mama, bath time, music and eating.
Head: Finn is super strong and is able to hold his head up briefly. 
Eats: Like a champ!
Sleeps: Similar to Lincoln, he'd prefer to co-sleep than sleep in his bassinet. I'm sure we'll make progress just like we did with Lincoln. 


And for reference, Lincoln's two month update is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment