Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend 2018

Coming back from vacation is always the hardest! It's also my last week at home before headed back to work so I'm super bummed about coming back to reality this week. All that being said, we had the very best time at our favorite place this past week! 


Lincoln, Finn and I headed out to Hat Island with my mom last Monday for a full week of island fun! We introduced Huckleberry Finn to the island and while he can't quite enjoy it yet, I think it's safe to say he's a fan. Lincoln had a BLAST and was treated to a few extra special adventures this trip. 



We arrived late on Monday and got settled in. It was the first time Lincoln slept in a room all by himself and he was a champ! I think it helped that he really tired himself out playing in the sun each and every day. Our first full day was Tuesday and we took full advantage. There was plenty of laying low, a slow walk, and lots of fun digging in the sand! 





Later on in the week, my parents neighbors asked Lincoln if he wanted to take a 4-wheeler ride up to the island fire station and he was so excited! He got treated to a special tour and couldn't stop talking about it or "Fireman Bill." 


Thursday night we had the biggest mishap ever, when poor Lincoln woke up in the middle of the night, came into my room and proceeded to throw up all over me, the bed, floor, himself, etc. It was horrible, but he stayed calm and we got it cleaned up and everyone back to bed. He felt much better Friday morning, but I was TIRED. 

Friday evening my dad and Kevin arrived! We enjoyed having the extra hands and Lincoln and Finn enjoyed having daddy around, because he's way more adventurous and fun than mommy is! Kevin and Lincoln enjoyed a few kayak rides as well as some more adventurous exploring. 





Saturday we had some friends out for a few hours. After they headed home and my parents headed to an island dinner, we cozied up with a movie and a fire for the evening. 


Sunday morning we woke up and took Lincoln to the fireman's breakfast! As a fundraiser, they open up the island fire station and serve breakfast. Lincoln was beyond excited to get to eat breakfast inside a fire station, but even more so to see all of the fire trucks again. This kid was in heaven. The rest of Sunday was spent relaxing as we settled in for our final night on the island. 





Now it's back to reality. I'm soaking up every last minute with my Huckleberry Finn before having to head to work on Monday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment