Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Lincoln James || Four Years Old

Today, my sweet baby boy turned four. I can't believe how quickly the past fours year have gone by and yet here we are.

There is so much to say about Lincoln. He is a sweet and gentle little soul, but at the same time is very much a four year old. Each day he is growing more and more independent and wants to exert that independence just a tiny bit more.


And as often as he comes out exclaiming...."I have a good idea" and "Sure, you can play with me," and so many other sweet sweet comments, minutes later, I'll hear "See...I told ya!" or "You don't tell me that."

He is slowly growing into his role of big brother. He loves baby Finn something fierce, but is very much struggling with the fact that he is no longer our one and only baby. He is still wanting to revert back into "baby mode" and is constantly asking us to sleep with him or if he can sleep in our bed. It breaks my little heart to see him feel a little bit discombobulated by the arrival of Finn. I know he'll get through it, but it's been a tough five months for sure.



While Finn seems to be proving himself as a little force of nature, Lincoln is our quiet, gentle and strong soul. He is very sensitive and still cries if he gets in trouble. When his feelings are hurt, you can see his little eyes well up with tears and he tries to be strong and asks "Ugh...why do my eyes keep watering?"

He is so joyful too, with such an easy going nature and can find fun and happiness in any little activity. Just running through the sprinklers has him screaming with delight. He is always up to try new things, probably one of my favorite characteristics about him, and is willing to try anything once, especially if mommy and daddy are there to try it too.



He is still very much a "truck" guy...loving fire trucks, garbage trucks, construction trucks and even mail trucks. He has a newly peaked interest in dinosaurs and most recently told me he wants to be an archaeologist when he grows up, which is just so cool to me.

Daddy is still his favorite for playing and getting down and dirty. They love to do yard work, dig in the garden, and just be outdoors in general. They headed off on their first father, son camping trip this summer and Lincoln go to go fishing for the first time! But as much as he loves his daddy and playing with him, I think I'm still his home base. He'll cuddle with me, curled up in my lap to watch a show at the end of the day. I'm his comforter when he's hurt, and I can calm his tears much easier than Kevin can. And he is, and always will be, my favorite little baker, always up for making cookies with me!


Lincoln makes each and every day an adventure, always up for anything and like his mama, always looking for something fun to do. I am so excited to see what four entails for our first little man.

Happy Birthday Lincoln Log! We love you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment