Monday, July 2, 2018

Hoopfest 2018

This past weekend was Hoopfest, the largest 3-on-3 basketball tournament in the world. It's been held every year in Spokane for the past 29 years and every year, thousands of people descend on our small city. I think this year there was an estimated 50,000 players, which is crazy talk!


I've played a few times grown up, but have avoided the crazy crowds the past few years. Kevin played this year however, and Lincoln is starting to show an interest in basketball. So this year, we headed down to watch daddy play! You can tell the city has this event dialed in, because the crowds were easy to navigate and even parking was surprisingly a breeze. I brought one of my friends down with me to help me wrangle the boys because I have a pretty high sense of fear that Lincoln is going to wander off. He's a little too comfortable and doesn't have a ton of stranger danger these days, so I figured the more hands and eyes the better.




It all worked out and we had a blast. Kevin's team lost their first game, won their second and lost their third, bringing their hoopfest run to an end early on Saturday. They played well and had fun though and that's what counts! Pictures from our weekend are below!








No comments:

Post a Comment