Monday, November 20, 2017

Thanksgiving Toddler Crafts

Happy Thanksgiving week! If you haven't caught on by now, I am a holiday junky...and I'm constantly on the lookout for lots of fun and festive crafts!


We are out at the island for our first #AHatIslandThanksgiving and I came fully stocked for turkey themed crafts because I knew the weather would likely have us spending a lot of time indoors. I wanted to pop in with two of the best Thanksgiving crafts I've found yet!




The first one is a repeat from last year. Trader Joe's has the most adorable gingerbread turkey's for your little one to decorate. If you have a three year old like mine, you'll spend more time convincing him not to lick the icing and eat the candy then you will actually decorating the turkey, but it's still a fun tradition that kept Lincoln entertained for a good 45 minutes. The end result turned out pretty cute too! And because it's the holidays, he'll be munching on that candy turkey for the next few days, until I can discreetly throw it away.



Next up is the big winner. I picked up this felt turkey craft from Target back in October and stashed it away for a rainy day. Once we figured out we'd be headed to the island for Thanksgiving, I decided to save it for a the trip. The recommended age is for kiddos 4 years and up, but with a little help, Lincoln was able to make this just fine. It comes complete with a plastic "needle" and yarn thread to sew the turkey together, stuffing for his belly (Lincoln took a time out to pretend he was Santa Clause), and cute little felt stickers for the turkey feathers, body and face. This craft lasted us a good hour and the end result was adorable. Lincoln loves his turkey and is currently napping with it.




The felt turkey was such a fun activity and only $5! I'm already planning on heading back to Target next weekend to see if I can find a Christmas version (maybe Santa or a reindeer!).


Hope this week is full of lots of festive fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment