Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Little Brother Comes To Town...

And we pretty much eat our way through Portland! I'm not kidding, he was here for 3 days and I think I gained 5 pounds!


Portland is definitely one of the biggest foody cities ever. You can get everything from gourmet donuts (blueberry bourbon basil donut anyone?) to Pear and Blue Cheese Ice Cream (It's actually really good, I promise!).



So when my little brother came home from his first quarter of his college career and was "bored" in the first 24 hours....I convinced him to come visit me and the hubby in the PDX. It was so much fun showing him around the Portland Saturday Market, the Pearl District, 23rd (my favorite!) and topping it off with a Trail Blazers game oh and showing him all the delicious food...it's a good thing he was only here for 3 days or I would be in BIG TROUBLE in the pants fitting department.



So...where did we eat? You asked for it...



We started off with Lebanese food from Nicholas's...



Picked up a housewarming present for my friend Morgan at St. Cupcakes (which we definitely helped her eat too :) ...



Stopped by Stumptown Coffee (another favorite!)...





Scarfed down Fried Chicken Biscuit sandwiches from Pine State Biscuits (these were unfortunately delicious)...



Brother is super stoked about how well I fed him this weekend!

 Doesn't this scream YUM! (and heart attack) waiting to happen :)



Had a little mid-afternoon treat at Salt & Straw (Trust me, you'll soon be addicted)...



I had to get two "kiddie" size scoops because there are too many good flavors to choose from!




Stopped in for some cajun tots at McMenamin's (a Portland staple).





And completed his trip with some Voodoo Donuts and a trip to Kell's Irish Pub & Restaurant. (Unfortunately, I didn't get to snap photos of these....but trust me they were just as delicious as the rest!)



Sheesh...no wonder I gained 5 pounds, I'm surprised it wasn't 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment