Sunday, December 9, 2012

Date Night with the Hubster

When the weather gets cold outside, and it rains as much as it does in Portland, I try to be creative with our date nights...and this one was no exception. One of the best dates my hubby ever took me on was a picnic in Manito Park back home in Spokane. It was sunny, we sat by the pond and we got to feed the ducks!

So, for a cold night in December, I was on a mission to re-create our "picnic date" and decided to create a living room picnic. This is so easy and so fun, and can add something interesting to a boring old week night.


I picked up a bottle of wine and some cheeses, crusty bread, proscuitto, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and pesto from my local TJ's (Trader Joe's) and created an indoor picnic on our living room floor! It was complete with a blanket and a cozy little fire in our fireplace. We popped on a movie and the plan was to play some Scrabble (yes we really are 29 and 30 but we love board games!) I even had a mini dessert waiting for us...mini peppermint macaron's! (Because we need a little holiday dessert.)





This was a great dinner (super easy and no turning on the stove or oven!) and it was a super fun way to cozy up to my hubby on a cold winter night.

I hope you enjoy your indoor picnic as much as we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment