Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Recap #8

It's Monday again, which means it's time to help yourself to lots of coffee and a little weekend recap!

This was a busy weekend once again (when are they not?) and a fun one too! As I get older I feel like the weekends are full of cramming in lots of errands, a little fun and even more cleaning and other to do's that didn't get done during the work week.


Friday night started off with a little Restaurant Week action. We had wanted to check out Fleur de Sel in Post Falls, but when we called to make reservations they were booked for Friday evening, so we went with option numero dos and headed to The Blackbird Tavern+Kitchen. It was delicious. The pre-fix menu offered 3 courses for $29 along with local drink specials as well. I started with the French Onion soup which was served inside of a whole onion on top of a thyme crouton, the Flank Steak with Gnocchi and a Balsamic reduction and finished with the "Coffee and Donuts" which consisted of three fried donuts, sprinkled with powdered sugar and a chocolate coffee ganache to dip them in. It was amazing! I also enjoyed a "Millionaire Manhattan" which consisted of cayenne spiked bourbon, brown sugar and a bacon garnish. So good!


Kevin had the Truffle Mac and Cheese, he also ordered the flank steak and then his dessert was a Chocolate Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream. Everything was delicious and we left feeling more than full.


Saturday was another busy day, because I attended the Spokane Ad Awards with my new job! It was my first time attending the Addy's and they were a really good time. This year the theme was "Gold at the Grand" and was downtown at the new Davenport Grand. The food was delicious and it was fun to see the local ad community celebrate some of their finest.


Later that night after we were sleeping, our little dude decided to try out his acrobatics in the middle of the night. He woke up and tried crawling out of his crib, which  meant he ended up falling after swinging his legs up and over the ledge. We've lowered his crib to the lowest setting, but I'm still feeling nervous about it. Kevin and I made the executive decision to get our little guy a big boy bed right away. I ordered a full size bed so he can grow into it and a safety rail from Babies R' Us and we found a fairly inexpensive and decent mattress off Amazon. Finally, I picked out the bedding from Target's new Pillowfort collection (so great!) that fits in perfectly with his nautical decor in his room. I bought this duvet set (in navy) and these sheets .And for any of you looking for some new kids bedroom decor, the Pillowfort collection is currently 20% off online! I also found pillows on sale for super cheap too!


Sunday was all about errand running, laundry washing and prepping for the week! I always write up a meal plan every week so we can grocery shop and have a dinner plans all figured out all week. I think I'm going to start including them here in case people are looking for meal plan ideas. This week's meal plan looks like this:

Weekly Meal Plan 3/6-3/11



Tuesday - Chicken Tortilla Soup  (Her recipe calls for turkey but I used a store-bough pre-cooked chicken).


Thursday - Polish Sausages with Potato Salad


Friday - Leftovers or Breakfast for dinner (my favorite!)


No comments:

Post a Comment