Thursday, December 29, 2016

Ice Skating!

I had a week off from work, and while it filled up quickly with plans, I wanted to set some time aside to take Lincoln ice skating for the first time. We headed downtown on Wednesday afternoon to hit the ice!


I have fond memories of ice skating down at Riverfront Park's Ice Palace and could not wait for Lincoln to try it out. I knew it was likely that we wouldn't last long (and I was right), but it was so much fun getting him out on the ice for a few times around the rink.


We started out by renting our skates. Toddler size ice skates are seriously the cutest! And made our way outside to the rink. I took Lincoln around the rink a few times and was a bit wobbly having not been on skates in over 10 years, but we made it without falling!



After just a few laps, Lincoln looked at me and definitively said, "All done." I asked a few times if he wanted to try with daddy or with both mommy and daddy and he said, "No. All done." After that Kevin took a few turns on his own and I did a few more laps of my own and we headed out. We were only down there for about 45 minutes, but it was fun while it lasted!



I think next year will likely be even better to get him up and on skates...here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment