Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas 2016!

I'm not sure about you, but I am definitely not ready for Christmas to be over! Holidays are just too much fun with a little one around and I'm holding on tight to all the Christmas feels over here.


Since we're currently buried under about 2 feet of snow, it's easy to do! We're enjoying holiday eats, playing with all the toys Santa brought us and sipping on hot cocoa and eating peppermint sticks like it's our job. You can bet we will continue to do so until we ring in the New Year too!


I wanted to share some of the (very few) photos I took on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I was too busy enjoying all the holiday feels to take too many photos. We started out Christmas Eve with a fun brunch downtown at Madeline's. My sister Sara was spending Christmas with her in-laws so we wanted to spend some time with her before she headed up to the mountains. Brunch was delicious and kept us full throughout the afternoon as we headed off to Christmas Eve mass and then my parent's Christmas Eve party.


We opened presents with the family on Christmas eve and headed home to wait for Santa! Little man put out Christmas cookies and carrot sticks for the reindeer and was out in about 2 minutes flat.




The next morning, we woke up to Santa's arrival! Little man was stoked to see all of the toys Santa brought and we spent the morning playing with them before the family showed up for cinnamon rolls and quiche! After a Christmas breakfast with the family, we all settled down for some quality naps before heading back down to my parents house for more food! (We do a whole lotta eating over the holidays and we more than pay for it by the time January rolls around).



The day after Christmas, we've started a new tradition where all the adult kids (aka my siblings and I) head out wine tasting to avoid the post-holiday return frenzy. Last year it was my little brother and I. This year, Kevin joined us as well, which meant somehow post holiday wine tasting also turned into post holiday beer tasting (no one was complaining).



I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas! See you next year!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute pic of you two in the teepee! Making a post holiday tradition is a great idea... We flew out immediately, but would have been nice! Pre-xmas laser quest has become our one important tradition!

    ReplyDelete