Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bumpdate: 29 Weeks!

how far along: 29 weeks, 4 days...beginning of my 8th month!

estimated due date: august 16, 2014

size of baby: baby "a" is the size of a butternut squash!

sleep: sleep has actually been better, but little man has taken up residence right on top of my bladder which means I get up about 16 times a night to use the bathroom...at least I'm able to fall back asleep relatively quickly ;0)

Photo taken at about 27 weeks

total weight gain: I don't wanna talk about it. grrrrrrr

symptoms: hello swollen feet. I mean really....I didn't know it was possible for them to even get that big. it looks like I'm walking around with two giant blowfish on my feet. they're also pretty sore and it even looks like they're bruising. bottom line: it's so not cute.

movement: yup! I'm pretty used to the little kicks now, but when I can feel him moving in circles or doing flips it weirds me out like woah. he's mostly active when I relax for the evening, but he'll get me every now and then after I eat during the day.

maternity clothes: full on maternity clothes....I'm kind of over it and wishing I could wear regular clothes again.

go to eats: I'm all about the red meat right now. it's most likely because at my last doctor's appointment they did some blood test (and the glucose test which I passed!!) and I'm really low in iron, so I now have to take an iron supplement. I also am craving cheeseburgers and steak like woah. sweets are another biggy (hence the reason I'm not to keen to talk about the weight gain) and fruit is still really yummy.

One of my besties and I....she's three weeks ahead of me and having a boy too! #babyboybffs
 

best moment of the week: this is a little un-related to being pregnant, but husband and I are soooo close to closing on our first home, which means i'll actually get to decorate a nursery in time for little man's arrival (assuming he doesn't surprise us and come early!).

gender: my little man

what i wish people knew: I had no idea how hard the last 12 weeks would be. You go from feeling pretty good, and having energy and still feeling like you can go, go, go and then all of a sudden, you get into your third trimester and EVERYTHING IS SO HARD. I am so tired (probably even more than in the first trimester), sore, swollen and feel like a giant beached whale. Even trying to get 30 minutes of exercise in seems like a daunting task, and it's so overwhelming to not be able to feel like your normal, energetic self. it's also been difficult adding in all the extra "stuff" going on in our lives right now, including moving, trying to buy a house, starting new jobs and getting used to new schedules. throw in living with your parents (which we're incredibly grateful for) while trying to buy said new house and not really having your own "space" to completely relax in and some days can be really frustrating. it's all temporary (or so that's what people keep telling me) but some days it feels like you're drowning in all the stuff and you're never going to be able to get out. 10.5 more weeks and we'll be at the finish line, and I am more than ready for that day to come.

what i'm looking forward to: buying our house, decorating little man's nursery and of course "D-Day!"
 
milestones: baby boy's lungs are developed enough to breath air and he's getting bigger (almost 3 lbs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment