Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Waffles

I cannot wait to tell you what I made for breakfast probably one too many weekends ago (things get a little crazy one month before your wedding and all the time you thought you had, magically disappears). So I can only apologize that I didn't share this earlier, because, well, they're pretty amazing.




 Blueberrry. White Chocolate. Homemade. Waffles. These are so delicious and make Sunday morning so much better! And if you have leftovers, like I did, they make having to go back to work on Monday not so bad either. 



  
And I can even claim that they're somewhat healthy because I made whole wheat waffle batter and blueberries are fruit, so adding that secretly little extra delicious ingredient that is white chocolate chips into the mix is really not so bad, right? I'll keep telling myself that, you can do the same if you choose!



 
So please please please make these this Labor Day weekend. I mean you have an extra day to sleep in and to enjoy them, so there's really no excuse! 




Blueberry White Chocolate Waffles

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbls melted butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup butter milk (ifyou don't have any, buttermilk is super easy to make it's just 1 tblsp vinegar to one cup milk, let sit for 5 min and woila!)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup fresh blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment