Monday, August 7, 2017

Huckleberry Adventures

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. On Saturday, we headed up to Schweitzer to pick the elusive huckleberry! Schweitzer was running a deal, where for $5 they'd take your whole party up to a part of the mountain that was covered in huckleberries. We jumped at the chance!


Huckleberries are wild berries, similar to blueberries but a bit tarter that grow in Idaho and Montana. They are hard to find and even more of a pain to pick, but they're so delicious and worth every minute! We picked for about an hour and a half and came home with a decent amount! And when I say "we" picked, I mean Kevin and I picked and Lincoln ate his weight in huckleberries! I've already made a huckleberry/blackberry crisp, huckleberry pancakes and huckleberry streusel muffins!


Below are a few photos from our mini huckleberry adventure.







No comments:

Post a Comment