Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

Lincoln and I do a lot of baking together. Baking and cooking has always been something I really enjoy and I love getting to include him as well. I also might have a pipe dream of turning him into a mini chef one day.


It's not unusual for us to find ourselves in the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon baking up a batch of cookies, muffins or cupcakes. However, I'm trying to find ways to bake without always having the extra sweets around. This weekend, we had bananas that were browning and I immediately decided to whip up some banana bread. This isn't your normal banana bread though....this is double chocolate chocolate chip banana bread. And in an attempt to make it slightly healthier, I made it without sugar!



I adapted the recipe from What's Gaby Cooking. Original recipe is linked below. You can find my modifications below! Toddler tongues not included ;0)

Double Chocolate Banana Bread
adapted from What's Gaby Cooking 

1.5 brown bananas
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup organic maple syrup
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + a few extra to sprinkle on top.

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with a nonstick baking spray.
Blend the butter, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and bananas in the bowl
Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and all of the chocolate chips. Mix together. Sprinkle the top with a few extra chocolate chips. 
Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment