Saturday, November 17, 2012

Caramelized Brussel Sprouts

If you want to get the kiddos to eat their brussel sprouts, do I have a recipe for you? Well, at least I think I do. Honestly, since I don't have kids of my own, I'm not exactly an expert, but I do know that if you tried to feed me those funky looking mini green cabbages when I was a kid, I would have looked at you like you had four eyeballs.







BUT...and this is a big BUT, if you had saute'd those brussel sprouts in olive oil and garlic and then tossed them with brown sugar, sea salt and toasted chopped pecans, and basically made them taste like CANDY, I promise you I would have gobbled them up on site, which is EXACTLY what I did with these.


Please go make them now....I promise you won't regret it.

Caramelized Brussel Sprouts

12-14 large brussels sprouts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
pinch sea salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted

Slice each brussels sprout very thin until you have a mound of them Heat the olive oil over medium high in a large skillet and saute the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the brussels sprouts and continue sauteing for another 4-5 minutes, until bright green and tender. Add the sea salt and brown sugar and toss together. Finish by adding the toasted nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment