Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grilled BBQ Flatbreads

I told you this one was coming when I wrote about these little guys earlier this week. This is the perfect go to dinner idea when you’re in need of a last minute, throw it together meal. These flat breads take less than 5 minutes (ok, maybe 15 with assembly time) and are so delicious, I promise you’ll want to eat them again and again and again.

Have you ever had BBQ pizza? It is AMAZING. This is a quick spin on BBQ pizza and it’s so light and crispy and delicious it makes the perfect summer dinner (along with a glass of vino of course!) I picked up some flatbreads from my local Trader Joe’s and I’m particularly a fan of Lavash Bread but you can use any kind of flatbread (or make your own pizza crust) and I’m sure it will be just as good. Then, here’s the difficult part…you have to decide on what toppings to use! I know the choices are endless and sometimes it’s hard to pick just one, so of course I didn’t. I made 3 (YES 3) different kinds of flatbreads, and even though I should probably feel guilty for the amount of food this made, I can’t. They we’re all so delicious and if I had to do it over again, I’d probably make 5 next time. So there. ;)




 It’s this easy…turn your BBQ on. Lay the flat breads out. Top them with cheese and your choice of toppings, and throw them on the grill for 5 minutes (or just until the flatbreads start to brown and you know they’re getting crispy and the cheesy is getting melty and your mouth is watering.)

My toppings of choice included your basic go to mozzarella and pepperoni, a prosciutto, basil and mozzarella flatbread, and last but definitely not least, a mozzarella, basil and those delicious roasted cherry tomatoes we talked about the other day. (You can find the recipe here in case you forgot ;)). 





I hope you enjoy these flatbreads (and a glass of red wine!) as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment